Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Occupation with Occupy

I wonder how it is that a year goes by and here I sit. I love to write and have a strong desire to do so, but other desires take the lead. My latest preoccupation is with the Occupy movement. I feel something big is happening. It reminds me of that song that says, "something's happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear,,,,," My perception is that this movement is about social change. It is about not accepting business and politics as usual because the system isn't working for most people. I believe this movement is about unity, and collective ideas and decision-making. It is about taking care of each other and of mother earth. There are a lot of people who are afraid of change because it is unknown. There are a lot of people who view this movement as a bunch of hippy leftists, and people who don't want to work, or want a hand-out. I have been participating in the on-line forum and so far what I see are some very intelligent people with some amazing ideas on how we can build a better America for a better future. For the skeptics out there I would say watch and wait and see. For those like myself who feel compelled to become involved, do it. I believe with all my heart that a better future awaits, but only if we all create a better today.

No comments: