Friday, March 20, 2009

The Worst Case Scenario May Just be the Best for me

Lately, I have realized that what I have often feared or stressed over may actually the very thing or event that pushes me to be better and to be closer to the creator. I have noticed that when I go against the current, it is exhausting and of course I get nowhere fast. When I realize that life is not about what happens to me day to day or about who said what, or what I need to buy, then it all becomes clear. If my intention is to truly change the world, I need to change myself. Easier said than done. If I live my life with others in mind it frees me from thinking about myself all the time. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen. Sure, I have choices and can make decisions, but who is really in charge ultimately?

1 comment:

Polly said...

I totally understand what you are saying!! You might be find the More To Life program interesting. It has helped me in my spiritual growth over the last 20+ years. http://moretolife.org/index.cfm